The easiest way is to make a payment through mydonate.
We are currently raising money in order to buy Sangharakshita’s Complete Works, which represents the definitive edition of his life’s work as a Buddhist writer and teacher. To find out more and make a donation, visit our mydonate event page.
Or you can make a payment by bank transfer:
For Sterling donations:
account name: TRIRATNA SARANA
sort code: 30-94-74
account number: 01517319
branch address: Kings Heath, Birmingham
BIC or Swift: LOYDGB21295
IBAN: GB78 LOYD 3094 7401 5173 19
For Euro donations:
account name: FWBO SARANA (Fundacion Amigos De La Orden Budistas)
account number: 3080 0036 25 2051476311
IBAN: ES38 3080 0036 25 2051476311
UK residents can also support us regularly with standing orders, and giftaid can be claimed on other donations using the same form.
You can download the form here:
Akashavana in your will?
Thank you for considering this possibility and do get in touch with us if you wish to talk about legacies and how any bequest might be used. You can bequeath a specific sum, or a proportion of your estate.
Sample text for a will
If you wish to include Akashavana in your will, here is a recommended form of words which you can use:
“I give free of taxes as a charitable bequest (either a specific sum or a proportion of the residuary estate) to Triratna Sarana, a UK Registered Charity No 1014180, to be used as to both capital and income for the general purposes of Akashavana. I direct that the receipt of the Finance Secretary for the time being or other duly authorised officer shall be a full discharge to my executors.”
The contact details to be written into the Will are: “Website www.akashavana.org.uk (or see up-to-date details for Triratna Sarana at www.charitycommission.gov.uk using the registered number 1014180”
Points to consider when writing a will
- Appoint two executors (including someone who is good at administrative work, and maybe younger than you).
- Have one of the executors a friend who really knows you and your connections.
- Include a small gift or bequest for the executors – it’s a lot of work!
- Make an allowance for the cost of your funeral – consider a pre-purchase deal which most undertakers offer.
- Specify your wishes for your funeral. It is important to state that you wish to have a Buddhist Funeral, and to include the contact details of your local buddhist centre. Your family’s wishes take precedence if you haven’t stated your wishes.
- Keep the Will somewhere where it will be found. Have an ‘In the event of my death’ file, and tell your friends where to find it. Many people ask the solicitor who has helped to draw up their will to hold a copy.
THANKS VERY MUCH FOR SUPPORTING US IN ANY OF THESE WAYS!!
IT’S MUCH APPRECIATED!